Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gardening, Stirs the Soul

I have been waiting on my day, and now it's come. I want to become a master gardener for our county, and I just got my application! I've been wanting to do this for many years but something always comes up. This year, I'm finished with law school, I'm done with time sucking part time jobs, and in the spirit of both giving back and continuing on my mission to teach the public about self sustainable agriculture in the backyard, this is the time to make the next move.

In the coming days I will post some pictures of my small garden in the back yard. It's the first in-the-ground garden I've had for almost nine years, and though it's fairly small, it's a good start for what little time I have this year.

It's important to give back to the community. The problem biggest constraint is usually time issues. So, this way, I'm forced to help because there are volunteer requirements, and I get to continue to do something I enjoy, which is gardening. Happy summer!

1 comment:

James said...

www.danielreedattorney.com